Archive for Misc
Forbes Best Cities For Singles rankings came out this week. It really is bizarre that the top city for singles is also half gay. Is this ranking based on “heterosexual” singles?
Denver moved from # 1 place for singles to #16? It may not be the best place to date but there are tons of singles and it really should be in the top ten in the rankings. Forbes claims that the changed from a “metropolitan area” approach to a more “urbanized area” approach to classifying singles in a city. Most singles would disagree. When singles talk about which city they are from they don’t ususally say they are from “X” suburban area….they say the city name: Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, Houston, etc.
If you dig into the methodology used by Forbes, some of the other stats are skewed. Houston is rated #1 for online dating? No way, New York City is #1. On their list the Big Apple is listed as #3 for online dating. Here are the stats:
Forbes Best Cities For Singles
Check out the rest of the data on singles in your city: Forbes Best Cities For Singles
Find the active singles in your community by checking out Singlesonthego.com for singles groups, singles events, social networking.
Singles work out at the gym and diet. It’s important to most singles to date someone who stays fit and watches what they eat. But the number one thing people notice first is your smile. Dental health is one of the top ways to tell someone’s age and health. Since you look at your date’s face when you go out, you don’t want them focusing on your flaws. Not fixing these items can be a turn off to potential dates.
1. Whitening Your Teeth will take ten years off your face. There are great over the counter products, teeth whitening trays and procedures in your dentists office that will whiten your teeth.
2. Broken Teeth Must Be Fixed-Immediately! Broken teeth just look terrible. Your dentist can bond your tooth with material that makes it look brand new. If it is beyond repair they use crowns and caps.
3. Missing Teeth make you look old. Like the toothless old lady or old man. Look into getting dental implants. These are expensive but worth the investment in your smile.
4. Gummy Teeth signal bad dental health and it could be that you were born that way but it is fixable. Dental plastic surgery fix the uneven tooth length, excessive recession from over brushing of teeth.
5. Crooked Teeth can be fixed with braces. You are never too old for braces. A date will look at you with admiration that you are taking care of yourself and investing your dental health.
Your smile is your most important dating asset. Take care of what you have by brushing and flossing regularly, go to the dentist for cleanings twice a year. Ask your dentist what needs to be done to improve your smile. Keep potential dates interested by fixing dental flaws. Your dating life will dramatically change.