Archive for Online Dating Service Reviews
Single men were the first to try online dating with the advent of the internet, and in the beginning made up 60-70% of online dating sites. Over time, the women have caught up and surpassed the number of men on online dating sites.
Men that sign up for the free trial before the 14 September will get one week free. The offer will be accompanied by the original and best ‘make love happen guarantee’ from match.com which promises that those signing up who don’t find love in six months, will get six months free.
Rating – *****
With more than 10 million members
Frustrated with the typical online dating sites? Convinced there must be a better, smarter way to find true love? For singles who have tired of casual dating and desire a long term relationship or marriage, Perfect Match is a great matchmaking site for searching for a soulmate.
Perfect Match, has been featured on the Dr. Phil show, in movies like Must Love Dogs and on an NBC show about the Science of Love.
Perfect Match attracts singles seeking long-term relationships.
Perfect Match utilizes a scientifically based personality test developed by Dr. Pepper
Schwartz. The test allows you to choose your matches based on similarity and compatibility.
The member signup and initial profile form takes about twenty minutes to complete. There are five sections that need to be completed:
Values and Ideals
The Personality Profiler
Life and LoveStyle
You can skip sections on the Perfect Match site to fill in later if you wish. Once you create a profile, you can run conventional and advanced searches. You can run searches based on personality type and compatibility. You get loads of information when you do this, about your potential match and the pro’s and cons of your personality types together. It is easy to navigate
Perfect Match. Members can send two levels of icebreaker, private message and send emails. You can send “Ice Breakers” to other members as a free member.
After the basic section is completed you can start searching for members (on a limited
basis), complete your profile including adding pictures of yourself, retake the Duet® analysis section and manage your match search criteria.
Your “Home” section also allows you to manage all aspects of your membership. Members can also “Hide” their profile if they decide to not be an active member for a period
Duet® Total Compatibility System, co-developed by Dr. Schwartz ($50.00 value)
Comprehensive profile; featuring up to eight photos
Level 1 IceBreakers; questions to start conversations
DealBreakers; relationship must have/can’t have’s
Relationship column and advice from Dr. Pepper Schwartz
Lifetime Connections; monthly newsletter with features, tips and sweepstakes
Love and Relationship Quizzes; presented by Lifetime Television
Success stories, profile tips and safety tips from Dr. Schwartz
These features are available only to Premium members of Perfect Match!
Only Premium Members can initiate contact or reply to messages. Unlimited
message capability during your Premium Membership term.
Guaranteed perfect matches; generated by the DuetÃ‚Â® Total Compatibility System
Unlimited email; safe and anonymous
Unlimited searches; In addition to your perfect matches, you can search for your Perfect Match!
Unlimited IceBreakers; Levels 1 and 2
Unlimited access to member profiles; content and photos
Personal 10 point profile; reviewed by the experienced Perfect Match
Exclusive access to Dr. Pepper Schwartz; through our “Ask Pepper” feature
Perfect Match is matchmaking that combines personality tests with search ability that most other basic dating services allow that other many other compatibility match
services do not allow. Remember, this is not an online dating site. Perfect Match
won’t be sending you 10 matches a day. Their exclusive approach is more refined,
resulting in fewer, but more qualified matches. Finding your true love isn’t
something you should rush. Be patient. Your perfect match is out there.
Get a FREE compatibility profile and Save 50% on select memberships with Perfect Match
Single men find Internet flirting easier because it’s low risk compared to putting their heart on the line in a public bar, at a party or a sleazy nightclub. Many women feel a little safer interacting online and checking out the man slowly.
Once you create a profile and start to peruse the personals, what can you write in emails to interest your top picks to correspond with you? What are the secrets to flirting online?
When jumping online, use these Ten Online Flirting Success Tips to help you get to first dates faster.
1. Keep it Simple Use light-hearted emails with an upbeat tone to attract dates online. Keep it to 3 or 4 witty sentences.
2. Don’t Give One-Word Answers There’s nothing more annoying than trying to have a chat conversation and just getting back a bunch of “lol”s and “hahaha”.
3. Use Humor A date with a sense of humor is important. That you have the confidence to use humor is sexy. Sense of humor” ranks high on everyone’s list of desirable traits in a potential mate, but it’s surprising how rarely people demonstrate this characteristic. Take the time to come up with a charming line that’s tailored to the person you’re writing.
4. Compliment Your Interest. Find something in their profile that you can compliment or gently joking about a shared interest, such as pets, travel or sports. Bring up a funny story from your past.
5. Use a Screen Name That is Cute and Not Creepy. Have a screen name that is creative and fun. Make sure there are no sexual innuendos your screen name. Women are turned off by screen names like “John69”
6. Keep Conversation Light What you say is not particularly important, but whatever you say, try to keep your conversation positive. Don’t be negative, arrogant, or pushy; just be friendly. Avoid asking someone for their phone number on your first flirt online.
7. Minimize the Use of Emoticons They get irritating or can be misread by people who don’t know you.
8. Acknowledge What the Other Person is Saying. Use their screen name as you would their real name if you were meeting in person.
9. Be Sensitive to How Others React to Your Flirting. As in real life, note the difference between a response to your advance that takes a step backward and one that shows interest with equal flirtatiousness. Keep in mind that the other person might be shy online.
10. Lower Your Expectations. Flirting is fun, but only if you don’t take it too seriously. Most of the time, you’ll just flirt with someone for a short time and then maybe never talk to them again. If you always go in to flirting expecting to date or even marry the person you’re flirting with, you’re going to be very disappointed–and you’ll probably seem a little desperate. Remember, you’re just flirting.
Rating – With more than 20 million members, Match.com is one of the largest general interest dating sites on the Internet and one of the most successful at bringing people together. Match.com has been around since the mid 1990’s and offers many user-friendly features to make online dating fun. The large number of Match.com members increases your chances of finding many more interesting matches close to home, and allows you to be as selective as you choose to be when looking for matches on Match.com.
Even though Match.com is open to people in every age group, Match.com (like many online dating sites) allows you to restrict your search to people within a certain age range. You will usually find a good selection of potential matches that are close to your age, but with Match.com, as with any online dating site, the size of the geographical area you choose will affect the number of potential matches you will find.
Pros and Cons of Match.com
Special features of Match.com
1. You can see when a member last logged in. This helps singles know how popular an online dating site happens to be in their area.
2. Match has filters that enable your to narrow your search results down to age range, religious preferences, desire to have children, hobbies/interests,
and singles within a specified number of miles of your location.
3. Singles can view member profiles in their entirety without paying a dime.
Match.com has a tool where you can show interest in a match by sending a “wink” to the member. This lets them know you’re interested or you like what you see in their profile and would like to learn more. This is a time saver to see if there is some interest before you send them an email them. Of course you can e-mail them too, or just e-mail them and by-pass the winking.
5. Match.com allows you to say “no thanks” if someone winks or e-mails you and you’re not interested with a canned response that click that which is more a more polite way of letting other singles know you aren’t interested instead of ignoring the wink or email. If the member keeps writing you, you can block them and they won’t be able to contact you.
6. Match.comnotifies you when a match reads the email you sent them.
Match.com offers a free online magazine called Happen, because love doesn’t come with instructions, which provides articles and advice on relationships, dating, sex and romance, along with special features such as reader polls.
Match.com offers a handy keyword search called MatchTalk, making it easier to find people who share your interests or meet your criteria. Want someone who
likes hiking and foreign films? Search those keywords to find Match.com profiles containing both terms.
Match.com offers wireless dating with Match.com Mobile, allowing members to use mobile phones for anonymous and secure wireless matching and online dating services.
Match.com has a program to get you ready for dating with Dr. Phil called Mind, Find, Bind. The videos and reading will help you think about what you want in a date or relationship and how you present to your date.
Potential drawbacks of Match.com
1. No instant messaging or chat rooms.
2.Monthly rate is not the best deal. See below for rates. Longer subscriptions are a better deal.
3. Only paying members can email you back.
4. Some services cost extra, such as Dr. Phil Online Dating Help program.
How Safe is Match.com?
Match.com protects member privacy and for makes using Match.com as safe and worry-free as possible for Match.com members. According to Match.com, What happens at Match.com stays at Match.com. They use a double-blind email system to preserve your privacy. It
replaces your real email address with your username and “talkmatch” domain (ex:tennisguy@talkMatch.com), then forwards your messages to the members you
All other forms of communication between members on Match.com such as instant messaging, video and audio also have built-in features that allow members to remain anonymous.
Match.com reviews all profiles and photos before they are posted to make sure they are appropriate and free of suggestive or profane images and language.
How Much Does it Cost to Join Match.com?
It is free to post a profile, browse and search for matches on Match.com. This is a good way to ease into online dating, because it lets you get a feel for what kind of people are on Match.com looking for potential matches, and gives you an idea of what kind of potential matches you could make — before you pay a membership fee.
If you see someone you would like to contact, however, you have to be a paying subscriber. Joining Match.com will also let you take advantage of the full range of services available on the site. Match.com offers a variety of subscription packages and discounts to meet the diverse needs of its members.
If you decide you like the service after completing your 3-day free trial, a paid membership can be is low as 50 cents a day. This allows you to contact other Match.com members via Match.com email, perform advanced searches for compatible members, save searches for future reference, and view and respond to emails that interested members have sent to you.
$16.99/month for a 3-month subscription
Just $12.99/month for a 6-month subscription!
Match.com now offers a 6-month guarantee: if you don’t find someone special in 6 months, they will give you 6 months free with their new 6-month “Make Love Happen” guarantee. If you sign up for a 6 month membership but don’t find the love of your life in that timeframe, Match.com will extend your membership another 6 months for free!